Fertilizer Baggers/Stackers (West Bend, WI)
Office location: West Bend, WI
Office phone: (262) 334-1100
Posted: March 7, 2019Apply Online Submit Résumé Return to Job Listings
Summary: Bag finished product and stack bags of fertilizer or Ice Melt following a designated pattern.
License or Certificate Required: Respirator Certification, Lockout-Tag out, Confined Space, Fall Protection
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Properly stack pallets of product to specifications
Inspect equipment at the beginning of each shift and periodically throughout the shift for proper operation and point out any maintenance concerns.
Change lot code on the heat sealer as required
Verify with the Mix Operator, what is being produced
Verify the item number and bag number from the mix slip and place bags in the bag placer.
Check seals on all bags
Check labels; be sure all item numbers are correct straight and readable
Make quarterly hour quality checks (weight, seal, lot codes)
Inform Mixer when the bagger bin is empty
Re-stack pallets that are not square or level
Maintain a clean and neat work area and floor
Have a professional attitude at all times
Observe all safety procedures and report accidents immediately
Marginal Job Functions:
Clean up any spills during the shift
Clean up the work area at the end of the shift
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Able to get along with co-workers
Able to do basic math: Count, multiply, divide
Able to understand and follow basic directions
Able to read
Able to do repetitive work for most of the day
Able to work under pressure
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use their hands and fingers to handle product, and lift 50 pounds. They will regularly be required to hear and talk, climb, balance stoop, and reach above their shoulders. Occasionally, they may be required to assist in lifting more than 100 pounds, wear a respirator, and climb 80 foot high silo ladders.
Protective Clothing/Equipment Required:
This employee is required to wear safety glasses and safety toe shoes at all times. Long pants and a shirt are also required. Occasional use of a dust mask or respirator is necessary.
The position is primarily a factory based position. The factory can be less than 32 degrees in the winter and over 90 degrees in summer due to weather conditions outside. The employee will have regular exposure to fertilizer and salt chemicals which circulate in the air, and will be exposed to loud noises on a regular basis.
Corporate Services, Inc. has several immediate job openings available out of our West Bend, WI, office (directions) for a variety of careers. These exciting opportunities offer a steady weekly paycheck and the possibility to be hired on as an employee of our client company. We offer various positions with different facilities. Training may be available.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- A self-starting, motivated, driven-to-excel attitude.
- Proficiency in organizing and attention to detail.
- The ability to follow a schedule and meet deadlines.
- A solid work ethic and the ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Access to reliable transportation.
* Candidates with partial requirements for these particular positions are still encouraged to apply for any similar positions we may offer.
- Quick 15-minute application process.
- No appointment necessary to apply.
- No immediate testing.
- Short processing period to discover for which position(s) you may best qualify.
- Steady weekly paychecks.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff available to you 5:00 am to 12:00 am (midnight) most days to answer any questions you may have before, during and after your employment with us.
Further Job Details:
- Type: contract-to-hire, full-time (part-time also available)
- Duration: long term (short term also available)
- Pay Rate: Starting pay depends on experience and skill level requirements.
- Hours: daytime, afternoon, and evening hours are all available
- Job Category: employment placement agencies; career opportunities
- Relevant Work Experience: varies according to company and position offered
- Career Level: entry level, semi-skilled, and skilled
Please come in any time between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, to find out how easy it is to start working!
You do not need an appointment to apply but please be ready to interview or start work immediately.
Corporate Services, Inc.
120 North Main St.
West Bend, WI 53095
Phone: (262) 334-1100
Corporate Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.